List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: FXText scrolling
From:       Lyle Johnson <lyle () knology ! net>
Date:       2004-04-15 13:34:11

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> I have a window with a
>
> FXText.new(group, @log, FXDataTarget::ID_VALUE,
>            TEXT_READONLY|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
>
> If I put enough text into @log.value, a avertical scroll bar appears.
> So far so good.
>
> If I try to scroll, the display immediately jumps back to the
> top of the FXText window.
>
> Clicking into this widget shows me a red hair cursor right in
> front of the first character, which refuses to be moved, too.
>
> What am I missing here?

I think the problem is that you're using a data target with the FXText
widget, which is probably not especially optimized for that. The data
target is continuously replacing the text buffer with the current
contents of @log, which causes all of the metrics for FXText to be
recalculated.

> Where should I have looked to find the solution myself?

Don't know, other than searching the foxgui-users mailing list archives.