List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Need examples comparing Ruby to Python
From:       aero6dof () yahoo ! com (Alan Chen)
Date:       2004-02-24 0:39:50

David MacQuigg <dmq@gain.com> wrote in message news:<t9kk3096co36vqani3g7ctpg75bcfag8q8@4ax.com>...
> If you need to write a paragraph or two to motivate or explain the
> goals for an example of some code, we can include these details as a
> footnote or link on the examples showcase page.  They we can try to
> get the same result in Python, perhaps using an entirely different set
> of statements.

David,

You might be interested in the "Programming Language Examples Alike
Cookbook" pages http://pleac.sourceforge.net.  They maintain
multi-language entries implementing source code examples matching
those given in the Perl Cookbook.
Python and Ruby are represented there (as well as many other
languages.).

Cheers,
- alan