George Gambill wrote: >Several months ago I attended a Ruby presentation at a local PLUG (Phoenix >Linux Users Group) InstallFest. > >The presenter commented that Ruby (when finished) can be converted (my >words) to C. I suppose compiling from the C code would pickup some of the >performance lost. > >However, at this time, I am still a "lurker" to Ruby. All though a lurker >with high hopes. > > You misunderstood, he probably meant that you can rewrite the speed-critical parts of the application in C while keeping the rest of the program in ruby. but otherwise there is no ruby->C converter around (that I know about). emmanuel