List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: speed benchmarks comparing Ruby to Py/Perl/PHP/etc?
From:       George Gambill <ggambill () computer-guidance ! com>
Date:       2004-02-19 14:32:48

Several months ago I attended a Ruby presentation at a local PLUG (Phoenix
Linux Users Group) InstallFest.

The presenter commented that Ruby (when finished) can be converted (my
words) to C.  I suppose compiling from the C code would pickup some of the
performance lost.

However, at this time, I am still a "lurker" to Ruby.  All though a lurker
with high hopes.

George