List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Python 25 times as popular as Ruby !?
From:       jeffrey templon <templon () nikhef ! nl>
Date:       2004-02-09 0:39:17

Gee,

THis whole discussion reminds me of ones we used to have on
comp.lang.python about 10 years ago, 'cept then it was
Python vs. Tcl instead of Ruby vs. Python.

Moral of the story -- if it works for you, keep coding in
it.  If enough people agree with you (like the lang too)
it will catch on.  People thought I was crazy ten
years ago writing stuff in this obscure Python language
nobody ever heard of.  Now my colleagues are asking me
for recs on Python books.

Good luck to you guys, Ruby looks pretty cool!

				JT