List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Newbie:  1.8.1, ri, and Windows
From:       stevec890 () yahoo ! com (Steve Cooper)
Date:       2004-02-05 19:10:00

Hi

Sorry for being dense, but I can't seem to get ri to work either with
the one-click Ruby installer for Windows (after fixing the path in
ri.bat) or with the MSwin32 binaries.  I have found other threads
about this, and I've tried to run rdoc, but it looks like I need the
Ruby source to do that. That's where things fall apart for me: which
additional files do I need to download, where do I run rdoc, which
command-line options to use, etc.

Would somebody mind pointing me to (or walking me through) the steps I
need to follow to get ri working properly?

Thanks very much. (And thanks to those who have helped with my
previous questions.)

Steve