List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.2 binding
From:       Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touzery () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2004-02-03 14:56:20

Guillaume Marcais wrote:

>KDE announce a new release. In the announcement I read:
>
>* New Tools for Software Developers
>[...]
>    * Language bindings for ECMAScript (aka Javascript), Python, Java
>and Ruby
>[...]
>
>Binding for Ruby? Great! Is it related to ruby-kde and ruby-qt from raa,
>or is it brand new stuff from the kde team?

it's brand new, based on SMOKE like perlqt.sf.net.
you can get it on KDE CVS module kdebindings AFAIK. also, search
ruby-talk, the developers posted explanations here. It seems the
bindings shipped with 3.2 won't be perfect but in cvs HEAD they are
already better, but i'm not sure, i don't follow too much.

emmanuel