List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Python 25 times as popular as Ruby !?
From:       Tim Hunter <cyclists () nc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2004-02-02 12:59:52

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:00:37 +0900, Dan Doel wrote:

> What can the Ruby community really do except continue to write Ruby code?
> RubyForge says it hosts 152 projects.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Host your Ruby projects on RubyForge. That gives folks 1 place to look
for Ruby code, and supports the efforts of those who support Ruby.

2. Buy Ruby books. Hal, Dave, etc. have mentioned that publishers are not
interested in bringing out new Ruby books when the current ones aren't
selling. I'm told that if you want to know where a man's heart is, look in
his checkbook. If we want Ruby to grow, spending a little money won't
hurt.