List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Method Reflection
From:       Benedikt Huber <benjovi () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-02-02 6:00:41

I'm quite new to ruby and was amazed by the powerful reflection
mechanism, so tried to use the tracing function to analyse the object
space of our project.

It was amazingly easy to dump module,class and method definitions to xml
as they occured, but i was not able to retrieve any information about
the formal method parameters (correct term?), neither the number nor the
name. I wasn't able to retrieve information on instance variables as
well. Is it possible ?

If this kind of information retrieval is considered useful, I would also
suggest to add in-language comments as in python (especially if the irb
gets faster and more user friendly ;) )

ad emacs) Fixnum character literals mess up brace matching ( ?( ,?) ),
but this could be hard to fix. Is there a syntax-highlighting patch ?