List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: ruby 1.8.1 windows installer
From:       intc_ctor () yahoo ! com (Phil Tomson)
Date:       2004-01-12 23:31:37

> Is there any plan to update the pickaxe book in the future?  The 1.6.1
> version is a bit out of date now (but still very handy!)

The computer book industry has had three years of declining revenue now.
Perhaps the improving economy in 2004 will help, but it seems that most
of the publishers are still being very conservative about new projects.
Since the first edition of the Pickaxe book didn't exactly fly off the
shelves (that's my understanding anyway) you can imagine that AW would
be reluctant.

Perhaps a letter writing campaign to Addison-Wesley is in order?

Phil