List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: anything disappearing from Ruby for 2.0?
From:       Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touzery () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-12-02 12:12:30

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In message "Re: anything disappearing from Ruby for 2.0?"
>    on 03/11/30, "Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT" <jupp@gmx.de> writes:
>
>|>   * Perl style variables
>|
>|Just removal of $#{some_character} or also removal of
>|${Insert_some_alias_from_English_dot_rb} ?
>
>Both.  But I have consider about each variable before removing.  Some
>of them are useful.

i don't know if $* is in this list, but i consider it extremely
intuitive to remember (also because it's used in shell scripts AFAIK)
and also concise. actually i don't know the alternative and i don't want
to wonder if it's all caps, with underscores or whatever...

i hope this one will stay.

emmanuel