List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Development of Windows version of Ruby
From:       "Jason Voegele" <jason () jvoegele ! com>
Date:       2002-03-19 15:22:43

> I am both delighted and saddened at this thread; Delighted that
> windows users are coming face to face with some of the
> deficiences of the windows os and saddened that they are
> attempting to scapegoat Ruby for window's failings.

But if certain P languages support those features it makes it look as if it
is Ruby's failing.  I think that's the issue people are referring to.

> I personally could care less if Ruby ever gets popular on
> windows.  After all, you have VB, right?

Some of us *have* to use Windows--corporate "standards" and other such
nonsense--but choose to use Ruby.  I like Ruby, and wouldn't touch VB with
a 10 foot Python.

Jason Voegele