List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    [ruby-talk:29902] RE:  How to check free diskspace?
From:       "Mark Hahn" <mchahn () facelink ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 22:04:21

In both Ruby and Java, space-checking in volumes is missing.  For Java I had
to write a different native extension for each platform.  In Ruby you can
use system() (as you suggest)but it is still platform dependent.

This is all quite weird since the concept of how many bytes are free on a
volume is a quite platform-free concept.