List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ruby-core:76590] [CommonRuby Feature#10273] Immutable Ruby
From:       non.dmitriy () gmail ! com
Date:       2016-07-27 19:17:08

Issue #10273 has been updated by Dmitriy Non.

I am sorry, it would be absolutely different programming language wouldn't it?

Feature #10273: Immutable Ruby

* Author: Atlas Prime
* Assignee:
I watched Matz recent keynote about the future of Ruby. I wonder if Ruby can become \
an immutable language? That could be expedited by a port of Clojure's immutable \
types. Then add concurrency and distributed computing (perhaps modeled after Erlang). \
That surely would be a-ma-zing!

Yet, I am not sure how well OOP can mix with this. But if it can be figured out, I \
think it would be worth it --more than anything else I can conceive of for a Ruby \
3.0. Of course, this is also a HUGE change.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/