List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ruby-core:66587] [ruby-trunk - misc #10553] Ruby 2.2.0 release engeneering
From:       naruse () airemix ! jp
Date:       2014-11-30 8:34:28

Usaku NAKAMURA wrote:
> Nobu and I want to change a feature.
>
> Ruby 2.1 and earlier, on Windows, parsing commandline was with ANSI encoding (it's \
> locale encoding of ruby). This means that a script never get the correct byte \
> sequence of a character if locale encoding does not have the representation of the \
> character and even if suitable -E option is specified. And, since such a character \
> is replaced by '?', in some cases it would point an incorrect file by commandling \
> globbing.
> In trunk, since commandline globbing uses Unicode, the part is almost OK.
> But a script still cannot get the correct byte sequence of such a character with \
> any -E options. We hope to fix this problem with keeping compatibility.
>
> Can we go for Ruby 2.2?

ok

misc #10553: Ruby 2.2.0 release engeneering

* Author: Yui NARUSE
* Assignee: Yui NARUSE
* Category: misc
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
For the management of release blockers.

Current Phase: feature freeze; changing feature is not allowed unless naruse \
explicitly allowed. Next release: RC1 (scheduled on 2014-12-1x)

Q: When ruby_2_2 branch is created?