List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ruby-core:27682] Re: [Feature #2152] Split functionality of Float#inspect
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () hakubi ! us>
Date:       2010-01-22 8:03:29

On 1/21/10 7:22 PM, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> Issue #2152 has been updated by Rick DeNatale.
>

> While I can appreciate the desire to make floats a little clearer to
> beginners.  I have to reluctantly pitch in with a -1 on this.

I shudder at the idea of having beginners get anywhere near floats.
It's a rare time that somebody ever actually wants a float instead of a
BigDecimal or a Rational.
--
Neil Stevens - neil@hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.