List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ruby-core:17732] Re: [Ruby 1.8 - Bug #238] Ruby doesn't respect
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () hakubi ! us>
Date:       2008-07-10 23:47:56

Jim Deville wrote:
> Issue #238 has been updated by Jim Deville.
>

>> This is ruby, not shell :)
>
> Agreed, but I don't think you should be able to circumvent
> permissions by going into Ruby.

It seems to me the proper fix is in the OS layer, which is what is
allowing Ruby to do it.  If Ruby is 'fixed' this way, you'll still have
to 'fix' every other programming language around.  The 'problem' is
going to be there until then.

--
Neil Stevens - neil@hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.