List:       ruby-core
Subject:    Re: Test::Unit maintainer
From:       Kouhei Sutou <kou () cozmixng ! org>
Date:       2008-02-26 11:02:52

Hi Ryan,

In <D13ABFB6-B446-4F69-BB97-06167C96A95D@zenspider.com>
  "Re: Test::Unit maintainer" on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:50:27 +0900,
  Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com> wrote:

> > Can I start to improve Test::Unit?
>
> absolutely... how would you like to go about this?

My goal:

  * Easy to extend. (I think this is the same as yours.)
    * Some or all GUI test runners will be provided as
      separated package. (They may be gem)
    * ...

  * Easy to write tests by default. (I think this is NOT the same as yours.)
    As a result, the standard testing framework may not be
    minimum.
    * Built-in mock support.
    * ...

  * Easy to debug by default. (I think this may conflict yours.)
    As a result, the standard testing framework may not be
    minimum.
    * Built-in diff output between expected value and actual
      value.
    * ...

> Personally, I think we should pull it into a separate repository and
> work there.

It's OK for me if developed testing framework become the
standard testing framework. (I want the standard testing
framework to satisfy the above my goal by default for happy
testing with standard Ruby installation.)

> I'll register a project on rubyforge if one doesn't already exist.
> What is your rubyforge username? I'll add you as an admin.

It's 'kou'.

Thanks,
--
kou