List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ ruby-Patches-5177 ] Win32 NTLM/Negotiate Authentication Support for Net::HTTP
From:       <noreply () rubyforge ! org>
Date:       2006-07-24 19:28:44

You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1700&aid=5177&group_id=426

Category: Ruby1.8
Group: None

Initial Comment:
These two files represent a patch which allows Net::HTTP to authenticate with a proxy \
server demanding NTLM/Negotiate authentication on Windows. It will authenticate as \
the current user. The authentication is transparent. Note that open-uri automaticaly \
gets support for this to.

I hope the format of this patch works. I downloaded the 1_8_5_preview1 sources and \
took diffs against them. Two diffs are attached because two separate directories are \
modified.

lib.patch.txt  adds one file to the lib/net/http directory and modifies http.rb \
there.

test.patch.txt adds three files to test/lib/net/http and represents unit tests for \
the patch. You must have a proxy server which uses NTLM/Negotiate authentication \
handy unfortunately.

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Justin

p.s. This library is also available on rubyforge as a gem - \
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubysspi/