List:       ruby-core
Subject:    [ ruby-Bugs-4885 ] Ambiguous error in OpenSSL with 1.8.4 on Windows XP
From:       <noreply () rubyforge ! org>
Date:       2006-06-29 12:34:06

Bugs item #4885, was opened at 2006-06-29 12:33
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1698&aid=4885&group_id=426

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Almost any attempt to make an HTTPS request on 1.8.4 on Windows XP results in the \
following error:

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError:
   stack trace follows...

There is no explanation or useful error message offered by OpenSSL at all, just the \
stack trace. Regardless of what http library is used the error always comes in the \
line that calls sslsocket.connect .

The following code works correctly on my Debian box with Ruby 1.8.2 but not on my XP \
one with 1.8.4 (latest binary snapshot, but didn't work with the original 24/12/05 \
installer version either.)

Having rolled back to 1.8.2-15 on Windows it works there now as well, so it appears \
to be a problem with 1.8.4.

require 'http-access2'

def check_uri_request(uriText)
  clnt=HTTPAccess2::Client.new
  clnt.ssl_config.verify_mode=OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
  puts clnt.get_content(uriText)
end

check_uri_request('https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/steps.html')

The same problem appears to be raised in this discussion: \
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/179201