List:       ruby-core
Subject:    SOAP errors for boolean types
From:       peter anzalone <panzalone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-09 19:22:11

I have generated a SOAP client using wsdl2ruby.rb and have established
a connection and successfully accessed the service. In some of the
service calls, the request object contains boolean types. The problem
I am having is that If the boolean type's value is set to 'false', the
element expected by the wsdl seems to be dropped or is not recognized
and the following error is generated:

: JAXRPC.TIE.01: caught exception while handling request: expected
element is missing:
{urn:configuration.kp.chrome.com}colorReturnParameters
(SOAP::FaultError)

If I set the value to 0, (the same as false) it works fine; it also
works if I set it to true.

I verified the service works by running executing it successfully
using Java code. Has anyone else seen this and knows a fix?

Thanks,
Peter