List:       rtir
Subject:    [rtir] [rt-announce] We're thrilled to announce training for RT 4.4 in	Chicago!
From:       Talena Gandy <training () bestpractical ! com>
Date:       2015-10-14 15:07:34

Hello!

We've been hard at work on the next new major release of RT and it's almost here! The \
first release candidate for RT 4.4 will be available in early November!

To celebrate the new release of RT, we'll be holding our next RT training in Chicago, \
IL on December 14-15, 2015.

This training will introduce you to the new features in RT 4.4 as part of a \
comprehensive overview of RT. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a recent convert, \
you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features and functionality by the end \
of the session.

We also can't wait to tell you about what we've added for you in RT 4.4, including \
Assets, for tracking physical and digital resources. We'll show you how to set up \
service-level agreements (SLA) which take your business hours and holidays into \
account. There's a new builtin timer for tracking time worked on tickets. You can \
upload multiple files at once with a quick drag-and-drop, as well as reuse existing \
attachments on replies.

We'll also show how RT 4.4 improves things behind the scenes for you. You can have \
your users authenticate against external services (LDAP). RT can now seamlessly store \
attachments outside of its database, putting them on the filesystem, uploading to \
Amazon S3, or in Dropbox. You can even serve them directly out of S3. You can create \
custom role groups and assign them to queues and tickets. These custom roles can have \
their own permissions and notifications and so are foundational for improving your \
automation. There are some major performance enhancements like gradual ticket history \

Agenda:

The first day of training starts off with a tour of RT's web interface and continues \
with a detailed exploration and explanation of RT's functionality, aimed at \
non-programmer RT administrators. We'll walk through setting up a common helpdesk \
configuration, from rights management, constructing workflows and notifications, and \
the basics of Lifecycles.

The second day of training picks up with server-side RT administration and dives into \
what you need to safely customize and extend RT. We'll cover upgrading and deploying \
RT, database tuning, advanced Lifecycle configurations, writing tools with RT's API, \
building an extension, and demonstrate how to extensibly alter the web UI and \
internal   functions.

It goes without saying that you'll get the most out of training if you attend both \
days of the course, but we've designed the material so that you can step out after \
the first day with a dramatically improved understanding of how to use RT.

Attending:

We do have a limit on how many people we can effectively teach, so please register as \
soon as you can to make sure you get a seat. If you can't make Chicago, please feel \
free to suggest a future location by dropping us a line at \
training@bestpractical.com!

For both days, the cost is USD $1,495. A single day is USD $995. Each class includes \
training materials, a continental breakfast, and snacks (lunch is not provided).

If you'd like to pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover, please visit Best Practical's \
online store. Unfortunately we are unable to accept American Express or PayPal. If \
you'd prefer to pay with a purchase order, please email us at \
training@bestpractical.com. Be sure to include: if you want to attend both days or a \
single day and the full names and email addresses of attendees.

Finally, please contact us at training@bestpractical.com for discounted pricing if \
you are from an academic institution or if you'd like to send more than 3 people.

Thanks!
The Best Practical Team