List:       rt-users
Subject:    Re: [rt-users] Making RT attractive in MSIE
From:       Jesse Vincent <jesse () bestpractical ! com>
Date:       2009-12-31 0:30:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi David,

On Mon 28.Dec'09 at 13:22:22 -0800, David Griffith wrote:

> Unfortunately I still have to support MSIE (version 8).  Can someone give
> me some pointers on making RT (version 3.8.7) look as it does under
> Firefox?  Here are the most obvious differences:
>
> * Corners are never rounded off.

This one is because IE doesn't support the CSS corner-rounding extension
coming in CSS3.  Our options were "computationally expensive javascript",
"hand-hacking every template to give it rounded corners" or letting IE
not have rounded corners.

> * MSIE sometimes has different ideas on font sizes.

patches to msie6.css and msie.css would be welcome.

> * Top and left borders of subwindows (view a ticket) are missing.

Can you send screenshots?

> * Background colors are often white instead of shades of blue and grey.

Patches to msie6.css and msie.css would be welcome.

Best,
Jesse