List:       rt-users
Subject:    [rt-users] Set a Ticket and associates to Confidential
From:       Raimund Sacherer <rs () runsolutions ! com>
Date:       2009-12-23 9:32:06

Hello Mailinglist.

I have a special requirement from our client. There are different groups of tickets, \
which I clearly can distinguish with queues, but I need the possibility to define a \
Ticket as confidential. e.g., if there are sensitive log data which should only be \
known to few people, etc.

It has to be more or less hassle free to Operate, so I was thinking:

Create a Queue Confidential.
This Queue has a group associated where only the administrator (chief of department) \
is defined. If a Ticket get's into this queue, only the administrator can view/edit \
it, and he add's the people who should be able to see the ticket as admincc's. \
Ideally only he and the defined admincc's for this Ticket would be able to view and \
edit this Ticket.

I tried it but it did not work, I assume because the persons do not have the rights.

I read alot in the wiki and one thing popped into my head: for a ticket to be shown \
you need the ShowTicket right to both, the ticket and it's queue.

So, how can I easily grant specific persons the ShowTicket right on the \
"confidential" queue so they are only able to see *this* ticket (and associated \
tickets as I want to implement this with RTIR).

Or is there another way to define a Ticket (or Inscident/Report/Investigation) \
confidential?

Thanks for help,

best regards
Raimund Sacherer
-
RunSolutions
     Open Source It Consulting
-
Email: rs@runsolutions.com

Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol
Edificio Estel - Local 3D
07121 -  Palma de Mallorca
Baleares