List:       rt-devel
Subject:    [Rt-devel] re-assigning tickets
From:       "Olly Stephens" <Olly.Stephens () arm ! com>
Date:       2008-12-17 9:13:02

--===============0274521704==

Hi,

Just ran into the problem that nobody (not even superuser) can reassign
a request in a single shot.  They have to steal then reassign.

I noticed a workaround for superusers on the wiki
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AllowSuperUserToReassignTickets) but
has anyone considered adding a 'ReassignTicket' right to allow this
check to be overridden, thereby solving it in a more sane way?  Or is
there some workflow problem I'm not thinking about when I suggest this.

The real scenario behind this is dealing efficiently with staff
absences;  ideally we'd like to be able to say that user X has complete
rights over tickets owned by user Y, but that's a more complicated thing
to code up - adding a simple ACL so that user X doesn't have to steal
the ticket from Y first in order to assign it to Z should be trivial in
comparison.

If I made the change, is it likely that it'd be incorporated into the
core?

Thanks in advance,

Olly

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and \
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the \