List:       rt-devel
Subject:    RT .99.6 prerelease
From:       Jesse <jesse () fsck ! com>
Date:       1999-04-06 10:35:20

I've just rolled an RT .99.6pre release.
it's at ftp://ftp.fsck.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-pre0.99.6.tar.gz

This release sports the following changes:

	Apache is now the recommended server.
	You'll need the perl CGI::Cookie module to be able to use the
	web ui.
	Your browser must support cookies for session-based
	authentication. (you can pull off a single transaction without
	cookies if you know what you're doing.)

	Web authentication/authorization has been moved to a
	cookie-based system. tell me if it works for you. this
	eliminates the need for a special version of the apache
	binary..which was a major pain in the ass for most of the
	known world.

	Jesse