List:       rsync
Subject:    macOS filesystem cache thrashing?
From:       Tom Limoncelli via rsync <rsync () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2022-11-09 17:12:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

It feels like the filesystem cache on my macOS hosts gets thrashed when I
use the open source version of rsync, but not when I use the Apple-supplied
/usr/bin/rsync.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?  I don't have any data to prove it,
but I know that my machine feels very different.

Tom

--
Email: tal@whatexit.org    Work: tlimoncelli@StackOverflow.com
Blog:  http://EverythingSysadmin.com/