List:       rsync
Subject:    include/exclude tutorial
From:       Imbaud Pierre <pierre.imbaud () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 19:26:11

Maybe I am tired. I have been reading man page, and these messages, and
the website, I just dont understand how include/exclude works.

Is there a decent tutorial on the subject, I missed, for some reason?

all I want is to take /var/tmp/*.conf files. I dont want to recurse down
thru directories (but, for reasons hard to explain, I must have the
recursive option on)

Reminds me when I tried to understand the find -prune option. I never
succeeded.

Or should I proceed empirically, preparing directories, and trying
combination?

And please tell me, those who master the include/exclude technique: how
long did it take to reach full understanding?