List:       rsync
Subject:    Re: Damaged source medium during rsync
From:       Wayne Davison <wayned () samba ! org>
Date:       2006-08-31 17:30:40

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 04:27:36PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> That behavior is not the default.  It is enabled by --inplace.

Also, when --partial is used (without a partial-dir) the erroneous file
will be kept, overwriting any existing destination file.

I personally have RSYNC_PARTIAL_DIR set in my environment so that
whenever I use --partial (or, more often, -P) rsync does not overwrite
a destination file with a version that is not complete.

..wayne..