List:       rsync
Subject:    Re: --links-last
From:       dons () cadabratech ! com (Don Shesnicky)
Date:       1999-05-20 14:52:24

> Something like "--include directory/link --exclude directory/*" would
> probably do what you want.  Also, if "directory" is always at the top
> level, it's safest to use "/directory" to make sure it only matches paths
> that begin with that pattern.

Dave,
Thanks for the info. The order of the includes/excludes did
it. I thought I tried that last night but must have messed
up somehow. I've gotten a testcase working for what I need
it to do. However, I noticed that even though I had an option
to do "--links --include foo/link1 --exclude foo/*" another
link "foo/link2" was updated as well. I can live with that
and perhaps it is due to the fact that I am a rev behind
in rsync versions. It did not however update a new directory,
the --exclude correctly handled that.

Thanks again,
Don