List:       rsync
Subject:    Web Mirroring reliability
From:       Sreehari C P <haricp () wipsys ! soft ! net>
Date:       1999-05-07 3:48:39

Hi gurus,
	Wanted to configure a mirroring setup  between webservers (solaris
2.5.1-client and 2.6 -server).Have installed Rsync (new to same) and
installed ssh-1.2.26 version .

As a first step tried rsync between solaris and linux ...it worked fine.

I  gave rsync -az -e ssh sourcefiles username@destmachine:directoryto
put.

Is this a secure transaction if i just use ssh.Do i need any further
configuration for ssh along with rsync.I am not planning to use in rsync
daemon mode.

Can I have the Central webserver (by pushing web pages) push all the pages
to other webservers periodically or whenever there is an update ??(Through
a Wide Area Network)

Any suggestions/info .....configuration..steps to be taken care of??

Thanks,
Hari

                                   *
SreeHari C P                       *