List:       rsync
Subject:    Re:  compiling rsync for unixware 2.1
From:       dwd () samba ! anu ! edu ! au
Date:       1998-11-17 21:35:06

Drew Morone <tdrew@cairn.org> wrote on Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:26:30 +1100:
> Has anyone had success compiling rsync for Unixware? I'm having some
> problems at the linking stage:

> strcasecmp                          loadparm.o
> syslog                              main.o
> openlog                             log.o
> UX:ld: ERROR: rsync: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
> written to rsync
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
>
> I think I can define strcasecmp with /usr/ucblib/libucb.a. but the
> syslog/openlog errors still show up. Any ideas? I'm no c programmer, btw.
> I'm using gcc 2.7.2.

I had no trouble compiling the latest rsync on Unixware 1.1.2 or 2.1.2,
and I tried both cc and gcc 2.7.2 on Unixware 1.1.2.  I wonder why yours
is different.  Oh, I do notice that I've been including -lresolv by
exporting LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl -lresolv" outside of configure, but I
thought that was because of a problem with compatibility of binaries
across different SVR4 on Intel variants.  No, I see now that it is required
on Unixware 2.1.2.  I will add it to configure.  That doesn't explain
the problem you have with syslog/openlog though; they are in libc on
both machines I have access to.

- Dave Dykstra