List:       rssh-discuss
Subject:    Re: per user config fails but global config works fine
From:       Derek Martin <code () pizzashack ! org>
Date:       2009-03-24 2:22:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:10:12PM -0700, M. List wrote:
> The docs say that error is caused by *something* not configured
> correctly in the jail, but if that were the case, why would it work
> using global config?

Because the configuration is different. ;-)  You didn't include much
to go on... no config file, no logs, no errors, nothing that would
help debug the issue.

> Still, I've carefully copied over (using mkchroot.sh and manually)
> all of the dependencies and *think* it's right.

I can promise you that it isn't... but without more info, it's
impossible to say why.

> There are no errors at all in any of the logs.

That's the surest indication that it's not set up right.  If it were,
you'd see *something* in the logs.  Based on what little you said, I
would guess that it's most probably that you and rssh have different
ideas about where the jail is for your per-user configured users.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/