List:       rssh-discuss
Subject:    RE: RSSH logging
From:       "Marc Racette" <marc () fox2k ! net>
Date:       2007-04-22 12:25:04

Hi Derek,

Thanks very much for your reply; the issue has been resolved.  I ran a
hash on both sftp-server files, and they were indeed different.  I
copied the system copy to the jail, and following that, I was no longer
able to connect as any chrooted user.  Looking in to the syslog, I saw
that it wasn't able to recognize the uid, and I then realized I didn't
have a /etc/passwd or group file in the jail. I copied those over, and
everything worked like a charm, including logged messages.

Now, how the jail worked before without an /etc/passwd, I have no clue,
I was under the impression it was needed and I thought that there was
one present!  Maybe this is another difference between the various
versions of sftp-server.

Anyways, thank you very much for taking the time to help me out with
this issue, I appareciate it.

Marc