List:       rrd-users
Subject:    Re: [rrd-users] 'rrdtool update' using another rrd file ?
From:       Steve Shipway <s.shipway () auckland ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2012-06-14 22:19:32

> I would like now to merge these orphan data to the original set of files .rrd.
> Obviously to avoid a gap into the Munin graphical display based on .rrd.

This is really, really awkward, as an RRD file is NOT like a traditional database \
with just a set of records.  The RRD items roll up and summarise constantly, so \
merging data from one RRD into another is very awkward and  no easy tool to do it \
exists.

There are some scripts, rrdmerge (by Christian Theune), merge-rrd.pl (Andrzej \
Lemieszek),  merge-rrd.py, and rrd-merger.pl, created by third parties but none of \
them are perfectly suited to all applications.  You might like to search for them and \
give them a try.  The 'merge-rrd.py' is likely to better bet (I've heard some people \
having success with it on MRTG files).  Google for the scripts to find a download \
source.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway@auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]