List:       rrd-users
Subject:    Re: [rrd-users] setting up the steps and heartbeat for database
From:       Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-09 23:28:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

2010/1/10 Marc Tobien <Marc@tobien.net>

> Every set of dates is holding the exact timestamp of measurement.
>
> I do not have the problem to write the dates with update  into the rdd
> database , but the unknown entered automatically if dates are not coming =
in
> time or with a bad interval are messing up the average. See my example.
> There can be a time different between taking the measurement and getting =
the
> data=92s of 35 minutes. That is normal. If there is a breakdown of the li=
ne,
> time can rise up to 900 minutes, that is the buffer of the  Device.
>
> Data=92s will then be deliver after a reconnect.

Then when you do the rrd update, you should simply specify the timestamp at
which the measurement was done ; and you won't experience that issue.

The issue of rrd putting unknown only occurs if the time between various
updates' timestamp is more than the set heartbeat.

 There's no problem if you're doing the update every 900 minutes as long as
each update has the right timestamp.

Hope that makes sense to you...