List:       rrd-developers
Subject:    Re: [rrd-developers] [Ganglia-developers] Integrating rrdcachedwith
From:       Tobi Oetiker <tobi () oetiker ! ch>
Date:       2008-09-30 18:41:35

Today kevin brintnall wrote:

> The daemon makes no attempt to ensure that you are updating the files
> correctly.  Any RRD process (with or without rrdcached) that tries to
> update the same file without advancing the time_t will generate this
> error.

by looking at the sequence of update times coupled with the target
file name, the daemon could raise an error as soon as it gets an
out of sequence update (it could accept the first one but start
checking from this). I guess this would simplify the debugging and
shrink the number of user questions we are bound to get in the
future ...

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi@oetiker.ch ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900