List:       rrd-developers
Subject:    [rrd-developers] Optional change in graph behavior:
From:       "Matthew Chambers" <matthew.chambers () vanderbilt ! edu>
Date:       2007-05-14 17:55:08

I have made changes to the development version of rrdtool=92s graph mode =
that
introduces a =93--full-size-mode=94 option which, when enabled, will =
cause the
-width and -height parameters to specify the actual size of the output
image. =A0The main graph area is automatically adjusted based on the =
space
necessary for the legend, border spacing, graph title, axis labels, and =
the
y axis name (and also the pie chart, but does anybody use that?).=A0 =
Without
--full-size-mode, the -width and -height parameters control the main =
graph
area=92s dimensions as usual.=A0 To do this, I copied a large part of =
the
graph_location() function and modified it, wrapping the new and the old =
code
with if/else of the full-size-mode option. =A0I had to make graph_init() =
call
graph_location() before data_proc() because the latter function =
precomputes
the data points which wouldn=92t be correct if the graph area was =
changed
after that. =A0The --only-graph option should still work as well. =
=A0I=92ve
updated the documentation and contributors to reflect the new option =
(but I
couldn=92t find the =93CHANGES=94 file).=A0 I made another change in
--full-size-mode that won=92t apply to the other modes: if the graph =
title is
too big to fit within the specified x space, it will be reduced by 1 =
point
and retested (down to a minimum of size 4) until it does fit.

-Matt Chambers

SVN diff attached.

["rrdtool-1.2-branch-full-size-mode-diff.zip" (application/octet-stream)]