List:       rpmorg-maint
Subject:    [Rpm-maint] rpmbuild creash.
From:       pmatilai () redhat ! com (Panu Matilainen)
Date:       2007-10-23 12:07:04

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Giulio Eulisse wrote:

> Ciao,
> I've a problem with rpm 4.4.2.1 ( but the same occurs with all the
> other versions I've tried) and in particular rpmbuild. It seems that
> there is something in RPM which increases its memory usage incredibly
> to the point of getting it killed.
> This seems to have something to do with lots of file with the same
> name being in different directories (which is what we have in our
> software).

Yup, lots of identical basenames is a known pathological case in rpm, it
gets worse when you actually try to install such beasts (in a sense
you're lucky it doesn't even build ;)

Something to look at certainly, but don't expect it to get fixed
overnight, as you've noticed it's a long-standing issue...

 	- Panu -