List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    Re: rpm 4.4.9 missing neon support in Solaris 9 - build issue?
From:       David Halik <dhalik () jla ! rutgers ! edu>
Date:       2007-09-18 15:36:23

> rpm is attempting to open the path literally. truss will likely verify
> that indeed, the url is being passed to open(2) as if it were a
> relative file name.
>
> Creating the URL as a local file is another way to verify.
>
> 73 de Jeff

A quick truss cut out:

open64("ftp://rpm.rutgers.edu/foo.rpm", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

If you want to see more of the truss output let me know, but yeah, I think
you're on to it and essentially rpm doesn't understand that it's not a
local file. By the way, our current rpm 4.1 Solaris 9 production systems
do take ftp and http files without any issue, so the change must have
taken place afterwards (not that it narrows it down at all ;). Judging by
what Tim said you should see the same issue on Solaris 10.

Thank you very much for looking into this Jeff.
-Dave