List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    Re: Can't build rpm package for Python 2.5
From:       "Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980)" <bmh1980de () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2006-12-13 23:41:23

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha schrieb:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 08:55:14PM +0100, Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > I want to build a rpm package for Python 2.5. But it fails on %install
> > (make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install).
> >
> > On compiling time I get error messages like:
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.5
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> What is it trying to compile on make install?

Nothing. It's done with compiling the zlib.py module to zlib.pyc. But
earlier I get an error for compiling test_multibytecodec.py to
test_multibytecodec.pyc.
> Try setting LIBRARY_PATH to the possible directories (%{buildroot}%{_libdir},
> etc.).

Ah, okay! This is working. :) Thanks! I was using LD_LIBRARY_PATH
instead of LIBRARY_PATH.

> > The strange thing is, if I'm using the same commands manually, outside
> > of rpmbuild I doesn't get the error messages and "make
> > DESTDIR=$buildroot install" is working.
> >
> > But I don't know why and I can't find differences between ./configure
> > from rpmbuild and a manually ./configure.
>
> Did you compare the resulting config.log?
Yes, I have used "diff -Naur " over /usr/src/rpm/BUILD/Python-2.5 and
the source directory from my manually ./configure.

Best regards and many many thanks :)
Marcus