List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    Re: RPM Build & Release | user
From:       Tony Earnshaw <tericssonearnshaw () barlaeus ! nl>
Date:       2006-12-07 12:54:12

Lis Maria wrote:

> I am building the rpm as a user called xxx in one m/c .After building
> the rpm,i want to install the binary rpm in a different m/c as a non
> -root user.If i want to do this,should i have the same user xxx in the
> destination m/c also?
>
> Can somebody help me out?

You can build the rpm as anyone, you set the final ownership in the
%files section of your spec. If that owner doesn't exist on the new
install machine, you can add the owner to the new machine by including a
suitable useradd(1) command in a %pre section. Since it's root (with or
without sudo) who has to install the rpm anyway, that's all possible -
and it does work ;)

--Tonni

--
Tonni Earnshaw