List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    Re: how do I do an include directory, subdirectory
From:       bob () proulx ! com (Bob Proulx)
Date:       2005-06-27 1:53:27

TGS wrote:
> When I do a ./configure --prefix=/usr/local (for example) my package,
> which I will call blah,  will build and then install in /usr/local
> without issue. In particular, the devel package will install the
> include files in /usr/local/include/blah.

If you are packaging them then you should put them in %{_prefix},
usually /usr, and not /usr/local.  /usr/local is usually reserved for
the local sysadmin.  Of course you can be packaging them up for
yourself as the local admin and that is fine.  But rpms tend to escape
and live longer than you expect.

> My issue is when I do a rpmbuild -ba blah.spec, the resultant devel rpm
> will place the include files in .../include not .../include/blah as the
> standard ./configure;make;make install does.
>
> How do I have that happen? I googled all around and cannot figure it
> out.

I am not sure what you are asking or exactly what is your problem.
The rpm %files section will package up the files where they are in
your buildroot image.

If you are asking how to move them around then the answer is simply to
move them around in the %install section.

  make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
  mkdir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/include/blah
  mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/include/file1.h $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/include/blah/
  mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/include/file2.h $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/include/blah/

Of course you can tell configure this information too.  It is six of
one or a half a dozen of the other.

Bob