List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    RE: Dependency error
From:       "Dale Lovelace" <dlovelace () hotels ! com>
Date:       2002-11-20 12:45:45

  You're going about it the wrong way. If B.rpm checks for a condition
inside the spec file, then it gets installed. Do rpm -qa | grep B.rpm
and see if rpm indeed thinks it is installed... It is installed, but the
files within it aren't because you checked for some condition in the
spec file. This is a "Bad Thing[tm]". Your RPM should either install,
and install everything, or fail. Let rpm do the checking for requires,
don't do your own checking.

  What condition are you checking for inside the spec? Chances are there
will be a way to do it with REQUIRES: in your spec file...

  Dale