List:       rpmorg-list
Subject:    Dependency error
From:       Michael Fernandez <michael.fernandez () dms ! at>
Date:       2002-11-19 14:23:50

Hi all,

I've created two rpms, let say A.rpm and B.rpm
The package A requires B to be installed. ('Requires:B' in the
specfile of A package).

The package B will not be installed if a condition is not satisfied
(in the specfile of B package I've put:
   %pre
   if [ my_condition ]
   then
      exit 1
   fi
)

So I want the package A to be installed only if the package B is
installed.
Nevertheless, when I install the two packages (rpm -Uvh A.rpm B.rpm),
I've got an error for the package B (this is what I want), but the
package A is even installed. Finally I've a package installed but it's
dependencies are not installed.

In fact I want the package A be installed only if B succeed. How can I
do ?

Thanks for your help.

Michael.