List:       rpm-devel
Subject:    R: Re: Added BRANCH OPENSUSE11FACTORY/rpm-4.9.0-122 on
From:       "pinto.elia () gmail ! com" <pinto ! elia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-23 18:34:22

----Messaggio originale----
Da: Robert Xu
Inviato:  23/05/2011, 19:28
A: devzero2000
Cc: rpm-devel@rpm5.org
Oggetto: Re: Added BRANCH OPENSUSE11FACTORY/rpm-4.9.0-122 on devzero2000 git hub \
space

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:21, devzero2000 <pinto.elia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> If someone care  i have just added the OPENSUSE11FACTORY/rpm-4.9.0-122
> branch on the my github space, where I have imported via git the quilt patch
> series of rpm-4.9.0-122 of the Suse Build Factory (the latest release i
> think). Every commit message include the patch for  easy readability. The
> branch is based on the commit id 3c00cb4b3a6f6926d5c36ea34215d98b8 of
> @rpm.org. This is the url
> https://github.com/devzero2000/RPM/commits/OPENSUSE11FACTORY%2Frpm-4.9.0-122
>

> D this should help sort out what the patches are supposed to do

> The rpm upstream repository is also updated now.

rpm5 with --vendor=suse?

No, the @rpm.org upstream repository. In my github space there is also the @rpm5 \
upstream repository( probably it contain all the rpm history before the "so called \
fork" )  But should be funny to do an rpm5 rpm for Suse: but this can be   only the \
beginning, and need much more work. simple thing perhaps for a packager,  but Suse \
have 70 patch on rpm, more o less: is it possible or desiderable to have all in some \
rpm5 vendor branch? Dunno. Anyway  This work is what Mandriva is doing, with a good \
success i think. i don't know why you want to try : but jbj notice and for me this is \
                sufficient for trying to help. But i digress. . Best regards.
--
later, Robert Xu