List:       rpm-devel
Subject:    Re: Embedding interpreters: FICL?
From:       Jeff Johnson <n3npq () mac ! com>
Date:       2009-04-15 16:44:38

On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> http://webkit.org/projects/javascript/

noted, will look.

> If one really *wants* to embed JavaScript that is, which I'm
> fairly skeptical about - probably even more so than of Tcl...

I'm fairly skeptical of all this embedding. However its easier
(for me) to junk a silly implementation than to achieve consensus
on the right thing to do in rpm. YMMV, everyone's does ...

Note that all this embedding was just me waiting for 5.1.8 or 5.2.0
release, and the whole effort started as an attempt to unsnarl
the embedded LUA octopus beginning last September. I really have
to figger a better means to carry the embedded chkconfig/shadow
LUA modules from @windriver.com ...

Which still remains on the todo list btw ... LUA embedding makes
sense even if FICL and JavaScript do not.

73 de Jeff