List:       rpm-devel
Subject:    Re: [CVS] RPM: rpm-4_5: rpm/ CHANGES configure.ac rpm/rpmio/
From:       Per_Øyvind_Karlsen <pkarlsen () rpm5 ! org>
Date:       2009-03-18 22:04:30

2009/3/18 Michael Jennings <mej@kainx.org>

> On Wednesday, 18 March 2009, at 22:41:35 (+0100),
> Per ?yvind Karlsen wrote:
>
> > Actually it was, what I wanted was to make it optional and disabled
> > (something which obviously wasn't tested/cared for to begin with) by
> > default, so since I didn't enable it, it worked just fine for me.
> > I assume 'dmalloc' left there is what you're referring to, I've already
> > fixed it, I dunno what you're getting at with "This, too" though..
>
> I guess I should've said "sufficiently tested."  But testing the
> default case and nothing else really shouldn't meet anyone's
> definition of "tested."

Yeah, gosh, testing enabling/disabling of non-standard features at build
time which actually should disabled by default, introduced in sloppy fashio=
breaking for anyone not using it and that also requires stuff I don't even
have installed  is of course among top priorities of mine to fully test
before making one of many commits I have in queue..

Silly mistakes in commits are easy to detect and fix, I'd rather do more
testing once I'm done with what I'm working on rather than doing extensive
testing for each and every commit. It was only commited to cvs and easy to
fix there, it's not like it was anything released as stable to the world..
Silly mistakes in code commited are allowed and expected every now and then=
,
getting anal about it is just silly.

--
Regards,