List:       roundcube-announce
Subject:    [Roundcube Announce] Roundcube Webmail 1.2.0 released
From:       Thomas Bruederli <thomas () roundcube ! net>
Date:       2016-05-22 18:30:23

Dear subscribers

Today we proudly announce the stable version 1.2.0 of Roundcube
Webmail which is now available for download. It introduces new
features since version 1.1 covering security and PGP encryption
topics:

- PHP7 compatibility
- PGP encryption
- Drag-n-drop attachments from mail preview to compose window
- Mail messages searching with pre-defined date interval
- Improved security measures to protect from brute-force attacks

And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.

There wasn't much feedback on the 1.2-beta version and the release
candidate which we consider a good sign. Some cleanup and
stabilization of the Enigma plugin just happened for the now stable
version.

As already announced with the 1.2-beta release [1], PGP encryption
comes in two flavors: client-side using the Mailvelope browser
extension and server-side with the Enigma plugin using GnuPG on the
server.

Support with the Mailvelope browser plugin comes out of the box and is
automatically enabled if the Mailvelope API is detected in a user's
browser. The Mailvelope documentation [2] explains how to enable it
for your site.

The features of the Enigma plugin, which comes with the release
package and simply needs to be activated for your Roundcube
installation are explained in Alec's blog post [3].

With the release of Roundcube 1.2.0, the previous stable release
branches 1.0.x and 1.1.x will switch in to LTS low maintenance mode
which means they will only receive important security updates but no
longer any regular improvements from upstream.

See the complete Changelog in our wiki [4] and download the new
packages from https://roundcube.net/download.

Roundcube 1.2.0 is considered stable and we recommend to update all
productive installations of Roundcube. As usual, don't forget to
backup your data before updating ;-)

Best,
Thomas

[1] https://roundcube.net/news/2015/11/23/roundcube-webmail-1.2-beta-out-now