List:       roundcube-announce
Subject:    [RoundCube Announce] HEADS UP re services hosted at gigo.com
From:       jfesler () gigo ! com (Jason Fesler)
Date:       2011-01-11 21:16:06

I'm hosting a web site ( http://test-ipv6.com ) that *may* get a fair bit of
attention this week.  It will be part of a press release involving several
major web sites.  It will also be on the web site of a prominent
organization coordinating the press release.

The server *may* have a sudden increase in business, depending on the level
of attention the press release (and media interviews related to it) gets.

What does this mean for you?

 - Mailing lists I host (woodworkers, roundcube, corvette resto, etc) will
   possibly run a bit slower on getting mail delivered.
 - Web sites I host may be less snappy.  Possibly, downright slow.
 - Shell access, for those of you who have it, may appear lagged.
 - If you aren't sure why you're getting this mail at all, it means
   that you have an email address that is routed through my server.
   Ping me directly if you're not sure why.

I'm looking into ways to help spread the load to other servers, but I'm
gated on both time and money, as well as IPv6 availability on any resources
that might be contributed.  As such, the next handful of days *may* be
bumpy.  I want to appologize in advance for that.

I have had the suggestion from one of the web sites on the press release to
look at Google App Engine.  I will do that, but I am constrained on when I
can do that.  I can't mix my employer's time or resources, with working
on test-ipv6.com.  The soonest I can do any significant change will be
Friday.

Additionally, the organization putting out the press release, is working on
setting up a mirror of my site; once complete, they will hopefully take
some of the traffic themselves.

If you have an urgent issue, call 1-877-4FESLER, extension 22.  If I can't
asnwer the phone, leave a message (I may be in a meeting).  But do leave the
message, and I will get it.

Jason Fesler

Some of the email/Web sites affected (the main ones, at least):

alexmeyer.com
bsdnet.org
corvette-resto.com
deepfried.us